- B.A., Calvin College
- M.D. Medical College of Wisconsin
- Residency, Dermatology: Henry Ford Hospital, Detroit
- Specialized Training:
- Blistering Diseases
- Women's Genital Dermatologic Problems
- Zhang, J, Jansen RM, Lim, HW. Nodules on nose and tattoos. J Fam Pract 2015 Apr;64(4):241-3
- Ashack, KA, Jansen, RM, Lim, HW. Abdominal pain and subcutaneous nodules. JAMA 2014 (Feb 12); 311: 615-616.
- Jansen R, Wang SQ, Burnett M, Osterwalder U, Lim HW. Photoprotection: part I. Photoprotection by naturally occurring, physical, and systemic agents. J Am Acad Dermatol. 2013 Dec;69(6):853.
- Jansen R, Osterwalder U, Wang SQ, Burnett M, Lim HW. Photoprotection: part II. Sunscreen: development, efficacy, and controversies. J Am Acad Dermatol. 2013 Dec;69(6):867.
Thank you for considering me for your pediatric dermatology, general dermatology, surgical dermatology, and cosmetic dermatology needs. Because healthy skin is essential to our physical and psychological well-being, I look forward to helping you achieve and maintain healthy skin. As your dermatologist, my goal is to help you feel comfortable openly discussing your skin, hair, and nail concerns, so I can help provide you with the best possible medical care. Two of my top priorities are patient education and trying to understand each patient’s unique perspective.
My professional interests include female genital dermatology, blistering diseases, and using dermoscopy (a specialized hand-held microscope) to help diagnose melanoma and nonmelanoma skin cancers. During my residency, I received specialized training in vitiligo and hidradenitis suppurativa.
I grew up in Grandville and attended Calvin Christian High School and Calvin College. I graduated from the Medical College of Wisconsin in Milwaukee, and I completed a dermatology residency at Henry Ford Hospital, in Detroit. My husband and I enjoy traveling, water sports, and spending time with our four children.