- Master of Physician Assistant Studies (MPAS), Grand Valley State University
- Bachelor of Science with Biology minor, Grand Valley State University
- Associate in Science and Arts with Honors, Northwestern Michigan College
- Professional Memberships:
- American Academy of Physician Assistants
- Society of Dermatology Physician Assistants
Dermatology is an important part of healthcare. Early detection and treatment of skin cancer can save lives. Treating acne and eczema can change lives. This has driven me to pursue a career in skin care and I take pride in joining a practice of great providers. When I meet patients, I strive to understand how their condition is affecting their overall physical and mental health, not just their skin.
My experience working in a hospital for over three years managing multiple organ systems and diseases is an asset to treating my dermatological patients because lots of different conditions can influence your skin. My family has been personally impacted by melanoma which gives me insight on the patient and family perspective. I have also struggled with my own skin conditions and appreciate how feeling good in your skin can really make a difference. Thank you for considering me to have this impact in your life.
I attended Grand Valley State University for my undergraduate degree and for the Master of Physician Assistant program. Before moving to Grand Rapids for school, I was born and raised in Traverse City and return often to see family. I am happily married with a beautiful son and enjoy spending time with them, along with our pug named Sampson. A few of my interests are kayaking, traveling, biking and reading.